Ads

Friday, June 14, 2019

2019-23 || ELYSIAN

JK brought over a bag of Elysian coffee beans for our house warming, and I've finally had a chance to try them out. The first brew method I used was with the Aeropress, which was pretty good. I also tried the French press, which was not too bad either. 


This reminded me of all the times during my university years, when I would stop at the actual coffee shop on Broadway for their mochas and lattes, along the commute to school. These trips to the coffee shop were a real comfort back in the day, because the commute to UBC could be dreadfully long. I no longer have to commute to UBC, but Elysian is actually still sort of along the way to work. I finally remembered to take the long way around and visited them this morning. 


It cost $3 for a cup of brewed coffee!

I think I had the brewed coffee in a 12oz cup, and I had the Columbia, just like the bag of beans that JK gave me. It tasted slightly better than the coffee that I made at home, using the same type of beans, but I don't think the taste difference would justify $3 a cup. They've designed a cozy aesthetic inside the cafe, with a few good looking plants, so I guess take advantage of this, have your coffee in a mug, and hang out for a while. No wifi though. I wouldn't say their service was spectacular either (smile a little, hipster coffee shop baristas!). At 7AM though, I wouldn't want to talk to me either.

Elysian Coffee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I also had a headache for the rest of the day...

Had a few minutes to catch up with an ex-coworker the other day, and it sounds like her new workplace is going through the same situation that she left behind. This week, we also had a new person join the team, and it's been refreshing to get his perspective of our gig. Apparently, he came from a worse environment. My point is that the grass is green enough right here. Can I stronger grass if it's watered with coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment