Ads

Sunday, March 10, 2019

2019-10 || who doesn't like winning?

There were a few visitors to the office from out of town this week, and to celebrate our successes this year, the company organized an awards dinner at Brix & Mortar, on Tuesday. It was beautifully organized with plenty of wine, a fun ice breaker at the beginning, and lots of mingling before and after the delicious 3 course meal.

Starting off with the most balanced tomato and cheese salad!


Then, I had the perfect sirloin, asparagus and mashed potatoes on the side!


Brix & Mortar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


I'm using "!" because I'm getting excited just remembering how delicious everything looked and tasted.  It's really an ultimate dining experience, with the perfect level of service. The servers kept walking by to top off my glass, every time my glass looked half full (or half empty?). I can see why lots of weddings are hosted here.

In between, the main and the dessert, the awards were handed out, but I think the real reward was the milk cereal panna cotta:


What a funny looking plaque to commemorate the hard work of my colleagues who deserved the recognition...

When I look back at these dinners, it reminds me that really, life is good.  I have so many complaints all the time, and it feels like a struggle, but overall, living in this society is pretty convenient. Cars, fridges, grocery stores, and the Internet for all the information sharing you could ever desire! 

Also, we don't have white walkers lurking behind our gates... 

OK, back to catching up with all the episodes of Game of Thrones, before Season 8 comes out next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment