Ads

Sunday, January 13, 2019

2019-02 || SURPRISE!

This week’s food highlight is lunch at Monsoon in Bellevue this Saturday:

IMG_20190113_231140_586

It’s modernized Vietnamese food, in a cleaner environment, and friendlier, yet slightly slower, service. Standard Vietnamese places used to feel like the cutlery still had some leftover fish oil, and the food would come out within 5 minutes of ordering, since all they really had to do was pour soup into the bowl of noodles. While the service was slower at Monsoon (it took a while for them to bring all the food out), I’m sure it was because we had a 17 people group. The food tasted good, but I’m sure they used plenty of MSG, as we were parched for the rest of the day. I had the pho bo, so basic beef noodle. Look how pretty the onion garnish was:



All the other dishes were very aesthetically pleasing, as well. They also have a duck congee, which seemed pretty gourmet, if you ask me… I also had the ice coffee with condense milk, which ended up being a bit too diluted. Either the coffee wasn’t strong enough, or they gave us a bit too much ice to pour the coffee over. I am a bit picky with coffee though.

Monsoon Bellevue Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Oh right, why was I in Bellevue?

Just surprising a friend for his birthday, and some wedding shopping.

All in all, a very good, productive week and weekend! It feels like I barely had any time to sit down and relax, what with all the wedding planning and driving around, but I am working on taking it slower. Is it normal to feel short of breath, even just sitting down in front of a computer?

No comments:

Post a Comment