Ads

Monday, January 21, 2019

2019-03|| 30

H took me to the Keg on Granville Island for a belated “surprise” birthday dinner:





He tried to “surprise” me by telling me that he couldn’t make a reservation at any of the other Keg locations, and brought me to Granville Island to get groceries. Along the way, we walked by the Keg Granville Island location, which I had forgotten existed, and then, it all made sense.
It wasn’t the best prime rib, and it wasn’t the worst, but for the price, I really can’t complain. I asked for rare, and it came out quite bloody, as it should be. The veggies on the side were… cooked? What more can I ask for?


The real surprise of the night was that H really liked his chicken and ribs. Because he doesn’t eat beef, he doesn’t frequent the Keg, and this was actually his first time eating here. He was impressed by the smokey flavor of the BBQ ribs, and even though the meat was a minute overcooked, he didn’t mind that it was just a tad chewy.

The Keg Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Since it was my birthday, they sent us a complimentary slice of the Billy Miner pie. I’m glad the server convinced me to accept their kind offer of free dessert, because it did complete the meal. The Keg’s final touch of free chocolate ice cream pie might have just helped us start a new tradition of coming to the Keg every year for my birthday.






Lately, I’ve been catching myself thinking too far ahead. Even at the Keg for my birthday, enjoying a plate of food the size of my head, I’m thinking about the next meal, but really, I should be enjoying what’s in front of me. Do you ever feel like you have to seize the moment and not waste time, when you’re by yourself, not thinking about anything? Too much to do, not enough time…

No comments:

Post a Comment