Ads

Sunday, January 6, 2019

2019-01 || brunch jams

The first week of 2019 is over! We went to the new Jam Café in Kitsilano for one of the first meals of the year:

IMG_20190106_110952_746

Let's start with dessert. We had their special waffles of the day, which had glazed walnuts and espresso infused toast, topped off with a generous dollop of vanilla whipped cream and a gooseberry. The plate was coated with condensed milk. SO DELICIOUS. Worth the 20 - 30 minute wait to get a seat. 

Then, we had the later tater bowl – tater tot layer on the bottom, pulled pork, egg, and salsa, among other things mixed into the layers. Can’t go wrong with tots:

IMG_20190106_110850_615

Finally, there was the Farmer’s Skillet. This is a pretty standard brunch option, from what I’ve seen out there, constructed with a base layer of potatoes, topped with a scramble of peppers, mushrooms, bacon and sausage and eggs. There were some average toast options too, but the one that stood out was the cranberry sourdough, which we ended up choosing. I love berries, and when there’s raisin bread in my house, it doesn’t last for very long, so it was only natural that I had 2 slices of this toast, while M & C each had one. It comes with a little side of berry jam too, another one of my faves. I would come back here, just for this toast and jam.

IMG_20190106_104357_580

Jam Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Other than good food, Week 1 of 2019 has not lived up to its hype. I am sure the crap of 2018 has prepared me for this year though. Here are my intentions for this year:

1. Get married.
3. Write a blog post every week.
3. Work hard, and play harder. How? I’ll travel to, or at least plan, a trip to Japan. In the meantime, before travelling, I’ll keep my apartment as clean as possible (no socks on the ground!) Actually, maybe that should be changed to work smarter, because who wants to work hard anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment