Ads

Friday, November 23, 2018

2018-47 | TACO TUESDAY


A romantic candlelit… taco?

IMG_20181123_210350_874

I was exhausted from working and furniture shopping, but we couldn’t miss this chance to catch up with J, who was leaving in another week. We met up with J along Main Street, intending to go to Burgoo, but because of the 1.5 hour long wait, we went over to El Camino’s instead for a quick bite. I ordered their drink special, because ginger beer was in it. It was too sour for me, which really masked the alcohol.

El Camino's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Then, H and I shared the fish taco, the carnitas, and the pollo. The fish was crispy and the jalapenos in the taco added just the right level of spiciness. The carnitas and the pollo were flavorful, but there just wasn’t that melt in your mouth feel that I’d expect. Chipotle had better carnitas. It’s a cool place to hang out, but I don’t think I’d go out of my way to come back, even for the taco Tuesday deal of $6 for 2 tacos.

Where do people go for good tacos nowadays?

Other than tacos, I've eaten out at a bunch of places because of furniture shopping and preparing to move. There's no time to cook! I’m also starting to get chills down my back, a strong sign that I’m catching some type of illness. The workload at the office hasn’t helped, but I’m getting some great advice from my coworkers. Reminder to enjoy the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment