Ads

Sunday, February 18, 2018

2018-7 – 49TH PARALLEL THURLOW


After multiple failed attempts, since the CIBC Run for the Cure in 2017, to visit 49h Parallel on Thurlow for their egg sandwiches, H and I finally made it! But first, coffee:

IMG_20180218_171330_879

Here is the Doug, which is a pile of the softest fluffy scrambled eggs and thick, chewy bacon (a bit too chewy for my liking) between soft brioche buns. It was a really small sandwich that I could have inhaled in 5 bites.

IMG_20180218_170537_625

Best part, the PEANUT BUTTER AND BLUEBERRY BISMARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_20180218_171624_105

I would come back for this donut, I think it’s my favourite, replacing their classic peanut butter and strawberry jam donut. The peanut butter filling is very creamy and more evenly distributed than their PB&J donut. So, yes, I will be coming back, not for this egg sandwich that I have hyped up for so long, but for the Blueberry & PB bismark.

Forty Ninth Parallel Cafe & Lucky's Doughnuts Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I slept really poorly last night, partly because of the extra cup of coffee I had in the late afternoon after a day of grocery shopping, and mostly because of driving in the snow to get home after a couple of hours playing board games. It’s so stressful!

I also had a nightmare about falling asleep while sitting in the audience of a presentation (or maybe it was a training session) at a new job… I dreamed that I had trouble staying awake during the presentation, despite really struggling to focus on the speaker. There were important folks to impress. I just could not keep my eyes open, and in real life, I could not wake up and get out of bed!

Today has been a weird one. This week has been a weird one. 

I guess this is what it will be like for the rest of Dog year. Looking for that one big happy event that will block out 3 negative ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment