Ads

Saturday, February 3, 2018

2018-4 MODUS COFFEE



M and I went for a quick coffee date, which turned into a (window) shopping trip last weekend. I’ve been wanting to check out Modus Coffee for a few weeks now:

IMG_20180203_082246_840

They kindly made me a flat white, even though it’s not on their menu. It was not horrible, and I would go back, if I’m ever craving a good smooth espresso in the Broadway/Cambie area. This is serious coffee here. The shop does get sort of stuffy though, and it was pretty humid with the rain dumping outside.

Record rain falls this January actually.

To save a few dollars on coffee, I’ve started to make my own. I have a Nespresso machine, but it’s not always the best coffee and mine only makes espresso shots. I invested in an Aeropress:

IMG_20180203_092548_583

I look forward to getting beans that are not from Costco and maybe a steel filter that R recommended. Thanks R&B for the Porlex grinder! Thanks everybody else for all your Aeropress tips!

OK, off to ski and more sushi tonight. So Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment