Ads

Monday, November 21, 2016

TAKE MY BREATH AWAY


Cannon Beach, one of my favourite places in the world. The first views of Haystack Rock from the road are simply breathtaking – H and I paused in mid sentence, then… “woah”. This is only my 2nd time here, and clearly it still had the same effect as the 1st.

IMG_20161120_091020 

20161112_100022
So cold and windy I wore 4 layers... 

We still had coffee from Seaside, but Sleepy Monk, which is found here, is where the beans were roasted. Cute little coffee shop that I’m sure we’ll visit again some other time though. I still want to catch a sunrise on this beach, maybe explore the woods in the area, and visit the brewery there.
Fast forward to arriving in Portland, after visiting the Beaverton Trader Joe’s, H bought a few things from the local Scout shop and we were just in time to see the Portland Farmer’s Market close for the day at 2PM. We were starving by then. Good thing food carts were just a few streets away!
IMG_20161120_072259
Lamb donair.

IMG_20161120_072141
Meat lunch special with na’an, chicken curry, and zucchini (I think?) curry.

I’m a horrible blogger – I didn’t get the names of the carts. They were just OK, and hunger certainly helped us polish these off quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment