Ads

Sunday, June 5, 2022

2022-22 || my reality is not your reality

I have been allocating my meager EI income towards S's birthday party, so I have mostly been drinking coffee at home and continuing to work on my own perfect cookie. J came over the other day to give me some pointers, including spooning the flour into the measuring cup. Here was the end result, an almost perfect chocolate chip cookie, based on Tara O'Brady's recipe:

The chocolate chunks didn't melt chocolate, so I couldn't create that pool of chocolate effect. Not a bad bunch though, these didn't last the whole week.


Now that the party has come and gone, I realise that party planning made me feel very grumpy. Every little thing got on my nerves, no amount of coffee helped my mood, and it felt like we were stuck in a cycle of nap refusals and tantrums. My reality was that whatever mental capacity I had after taking care of my two under two was completely taken over by planning, especially the last week. We didn't have a cake until the last minute, when we created a donut cake. We turned our extremely minimal balloon decorations into an activity, where the kids could pick a balloon and blow it up themselves. 

By the end of it, I couldn't even focus on taking a proper photo. Sorry fam for ruining our family picture! 

Not sure what your reality of this last mercury retrograde was like, but mine was a whirlwind of planning and hormones and moods. The end result was a lot of fun, and I am glad I will never have to plan another 2 year old party for S again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment