Ads

Sunday, May 22, 2022

2022-20 || TWO MONTHS POST-PARTUM!

Paragon Tea Room opened a second location along the busy Cambie corridor, and we dropped by on the way to visit B and her fam. They were serving up some strongly caffeinated matcha, and soft chewy cookies:
 
Continuing with my obsession to bake a cookie that spreads with beautiful cracks and the perfect level of chewy, I had to try one of their cookie options for research purposes. The different flavors included matcha white chocolate, chocolate chip, and earl grey cereal. I wanted to get the chocolate chip for inspiration but could not resist the fancy Earl grey option. The cookie's tea flavor was strong, texture of cookie was soft, and balanced out with some crispy cereal toppings.

Can I please take a two day break to live on a remote island to perfect my cookie baking skills, sleep in, and completely be by myself?

On a day like today, days are long, nap times are too short, and I need the years to fly by. S is sick and extra picky about food. While I was out and my parents took care of the kids, S took full advantage of her grandparents. She refused to eat her lunch, asked for fruits, and her grandparents gave in to her tantrums. That normally would be fine, but when I was discussing this and making other general childcare and nutrition related comments to my mom later on, my mom didn't take it too well and started arguing with me. 

It was exhausting.

At times like this, it's easier on my mental health for H and I to parent on our own without extra opinions from our community. More physically tiring, but I'm sure we'll manage, like we did in Victoria. Something has to change before I go completely nuts. 

This is what two months post partum looks like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment