Ads

Sunday, May 8, 2022

2022-18 || a day without (real) coffee, six weeks post partum

On Thursday, I had a weak instant coffee, because I "slept in" until 6:30AM, and did not have time to make a real coffee. This was a mistake. Waking up earlier for coffee and a few minutes alone helps so much with my mindset and mood. 

Instead of coffee, I tried to brighten up the day with some fresh banh mi's from Kim Chau. These are their #1 menu item, the special:

One of these was spicy, and had a few peppers in them, but they didn't actually taste spicy, which was a little disappointing. I'm not complaining though - check out all the meat and veggies packed in between the freshest bread: 


I haven't had these in a while, so maybe my memory is off, but I feel their prices have increased recently... Didn't these cost about $3 just a few months ago in 2021?! Now, the special costs $5.50 each. Everything is more expensive these days, and it's adding to my sadness. I have to remind myself that I'm far from poor. Unlimited hot water comes out of my tap on demand, and I can afford it! 

After the banh mi, the day dragged on, and all I wanted to do was eat chocolate chip cookies. I had no patience for S, and snapped at my dad when he told her not to yell because speaking loudly isn't pretty. This really irritated me. I want her to express herself however she wants, yell if she needs to, and not be suppressed by something as superficial as being pretty. He comes over to help with the kids almost every day, which I am so grateful for, but he doesn't always have the most modern take on raising children.

Looking back, the day wasn't so awful, and it was mostly me feeling sluggish and unmotivated. I didn't end up in tears, unlike the first few days post-partum when I was so tired, and it took massive efforts to force myself out of bed even at 10AM.  It's only been a month and a half with baby P, I shouldn't try to be too productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment