Ads

Thursday, June 17, 2021

2021-22 || overdosed on caffeine

I woke up feeling off balance today. Heart palpitations, difficult breathing, but at the same time, groggy - caffeine induced anxiety, after yesterday's four coffees, including one very strong iced Vietnamese coffee? 

So, to cut down on my caffeine intake, we decided to choose tea instead. We went to Paragon Tea Room, while in the area to sell our old road bikes. H had the hojicha oat misto, and I had the matcha oat mista with pearls, both on ice: 


At 50% sweet, the matcha oat misto was still very sugary. I wish the matcha flavor was stronger, rather than being masked by the sweetness. Not sure if that was the effect of adding the pearls, which by the way, were perfect. They were the best chewy texture of a fresh batch of pearls, not the ones that had been sitting around for hours. 

Paragon Tea Room Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I actually preferred H's hojicha, which he ordered with 30% sweetness and no pearls. The tea flavor was stronger.  

I probably wouldn't return, for the following reasons: 

1. Expensive - $15 for 2 drinks?! I guess it could be worse. The two drinks from Machimachi came to $18... 

2. Slow service - we had paid for 30 minutes of parking at a spot that was about a 5 minute walk away, which gave us a window of 20 minutes to order and pick up the drinks. H ended up having to run over to the parking spot and driving the car over because our parking was about to run out.

I get that tea cannot be rushed, and that sometimes, we need to take a minute to slow down and relax. However, watching the baristas hustling and hurrying behind the counter, I did not feel relaxed. They were definitely in a hurry to clear the line forming in the cafe.  

3. I simply prefer caffeine in my beverages. 


Back to our regular programming of coffee... 

No comments:

Post a Comment