Ads

Monday, December 21, 2020

2020-51 || breastfeeding pains

Picked up a dim sum platter from Sea Fortune for $38:


From the left corner and going clockwise, this platter includes: 
    -4 shrimp dumplings
    -3 sticky rice in lotus leaf wraps

    -4 panfried radish cake 

    -3 bbq pork buns

    -4 siu mai

There were also a few spring rolls, in a separate box, which I thought was quite thoughtful because it helped to prevent the crispy skins from getting soggy: 

Probably the best deal we've come across, and definitely the most aesthetically pleasing dim sum takeout around the Lower Mainland, just missing a piece of parsley garnish, or a carved carrot garnish. 

Sea Fortune Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

The standards at Sea Fortune are pretty high, and both H and I were satisfied with the quality. Did I mention all of this food was only $38? 

You might think that it's a lot of food for just the two of us, even though we had some leftovers for breakfast the next day, but hey, stop judging us! I'm still breastfeeding, and constantly hungry. Baby S is still waking up in the middle of the night, but luckily, not as often as before, so I actually get a few REM cycles. I'm starting to feel a bit more like myself again!

Except when she's latched on to me. I get this wave of anxiety, and I think it's because I actually have to stop and sit down while nursing her. I can go on my phone, surf the net, read an eBook, but it's still a restriction on my freedom. Pumping is not a solution either, because I hate doing it even more, especially with all the parts to clean, and don't even suggest switching to formula. Baby S practically licks the floor, and I swear, if I don't protect her with the antibodies in my breast milk, she'd be sick everyday. 

There is light at the end of the tunnel though. We finally started her on solids at 6 and a half months, so my boobs will belong to me again soon enough. More updates on the solids in a future post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment