Ads

Friday, October 30, 2020

2020-44 || late night snacking

On yet another walk with baby S, we picked up pastries from La Roux Patisserie

I walk by here frequently, and was not super interested in trying it out, because the decor was so fluffy. Why did it have to look so girly and colourful inside? Were the colourful pastries in the window display just beautiful on the outside? Would they also be yummy in my tummy? The entire package just appeared way too pretty to be true, so I avoided it. 


I first tried the Paris Brest (cream puff). This is the shop's best seller - a buttery cream puff with a hint of salt to balance the creamy Nutella filling. I couldn't stop at one bite! 

La Roux Patisserie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

The lemon tart was my favourite out of all of three, because I love how the tartness cuts through the sugar and butter. The espresso pistachio tart didn't really have much pistachio flavor, and was quite heavy handed on the butter. 

H's favourite dessert is tiramisu, so I had to get it:




We both thought it was just OK. 

These would be convenient to keep in the fridge for late night snacking too. We kept them refrigerated for a few days, and they were still delicious. Sometimes, after a night feeding for baby S, I can feel my stomach 
growling, but I'm too lazy to get out of bed and just suffer through it until the next morning.
 

Baby S doesn't realize how lucky she is - in the middle of the night, all she has to do is whimper slightly, and her favorite food (milk) shows up in front of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment