Ads

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR LEAN PORK

After Aubade, C and I were hungry, so we fueled up at the Ramen Butcher. The owner of Aubade had mentioned this place in our conversation, and that it was opened by one of the locals from around the neighborhood (the daughter of somebody… my memory fails me, and I haven’t fact checked this). This really inspired the ramen cravings…
 The Ramen Butcher

On the right, we have the Butcher Shoyu Ramen. On the left, is mine, the Black Garlic Ramen. Here’s a close up of mine, with a beautiful marinated egg and fatty pork:

The Ramen Butcher

Life is short, choose the fatty pork and fatty broth, because they are worth the extra calories. YUM. Maybe I was just extra hungry from my bike ride to get to Chinatown, but I think this would be one of the best ramen I’ve had the luck to try out in Vancouver. The restaurant was pretty busy for lunch, and I’m hoping it survives for the next few years, because I can’t wait to come back.

The Ramen Butcher Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

This year is starting off to be quite a doozy. Work is busy, life is busy. Trying to remind myself that there are things that I can’t control, but I can control my own reactions. Time to start making travel plans! California in February for the long weekend, anybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment