Ads

Sunday, December 17, 2017

GET WHAT YOU GIVE

IMG_20171108_173127_330

Came here for waffles with J and K, to casually catch up. We had the berry and mascarpone waffle (on the right), as well as a special pumpkin spice flavored one (I think it was pumpkin… on the left).

IMG_20171108_173310_981

I was way too full to eat, so I just ordered the Earl Grey Latte (ie, London Fog). Everything was just OK… J and K didn’t seem too impressed by the waffle quality. I had a bite of the berry one, which was fairly fresh. The London Fog was a tad sweet.   

Nero Belgian Waffle Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

The whole thing was also a bit overpriced, as usual with anything in Vancouver. The two had just returned from Calgary, where they could have afforded an actual house with land. Instead, here they were, renting a little box in Vancouver. They were just settling in to their new Vancouver home now, and I am assuming they’re really enjoying being closer to family, but what about owning their own front lawn?

I’ve been worrying for most of last week about getting and paying off a mortgage, starting next year, but I think I’ve come to terms with it. I should probably figure out what Christmas gifts to get for people first… We’ll see where life takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment