Ads

Sunday, December 17, 2017

101/104 – IT’S NEVER ENOUGH


After dinner, we were craving something sweet, so we decided to go to Snackshot for some classic Hong Kong style dessert:

  Snackshot x Supreme x luwesa

This was their glutinous rice balls with sesame paste, in a ginger soup. Pretty good ratio of sesame paste filling to exterior:

Snackshot x Supreme x luwesa

We also had the hot almond paste dessert (top bowl with white substance), and a hot ginger tea (bottom glass of orange substance):

Snackshot x Supreme x luwesa

The almond was average, and the ginger was not something I’d get again.

While I really enjoyed the cute decor and Supreme cutlery, I wouldn’t come out of my way for this again. There are better places in  Richmond and Burnaby for Chinese dessert, but if I were in the neighborhood, I wouldn’t mind stopping in again to get their dessert set.

Snackshot  Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

We went up to Joffre Lake the other weekend, and I think we stayed just long enough to feel pleasantly tired out. We were even there at the right moment to catch a game of ice hockey:

IMG_20171210_212753_878

We had our work Christmas party this Friday, and I think we stayed just long enough to leave an impression, but not too long before all the taxis were taken. Then, on Saturday, we had a fabulous pot luck with some high school/university pals, and today (Sunday), I had a gathering with some girl friends. It’s a busy time of the year, and I think this year, I’ve learned when I have to leave and not stay a minute longer, because if I do, I’ll be exhausted and drained for weeks and months afterwards.

Have you found that balance of just enough?

5 more work days before Christmas holidays! I feel like a kid, counting down to sleeping in, and no (home)work.

No comments:

Post a Comment