Ads

Sunday, October 8, 2017

92/104 DO I KNOW MY BODY OR DO YOU?


H and I have attended seven weddings in the span of 8 months this year. We started this season off in February for K&T, April for J&V, end of May for A&G, July for C&J, August for A&M, September for R&B (which we only attended half of anyways…), and finally, yesterday, for K&M. Congratulations to all the newly weds of 2017!

Ceremony and reception were both at Sutton Place Hotel yesterday, with a long intermission in between, which gave us a great opportunity to sneak out after the ceremony and visit Quantum Coffee:

quantum coffee and tory burch

Very similar to the set up in Toronto, the coffee was also on point. I had a macchiato. H had water. I don’t think I’d be back soon though, because there wasn’t a lot of seating available yet.

Quantum Coffee Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



To recap this wedding, I think the wedding venue was adorbs in that they still had land lines and notepads situated all over the place. The food was OK, they had the mushroom ravioli, similar to what we had at the Convention Center for the Christmas party 2016.

H wore his usual grey 3 piece suit to the wedding, but same as every crowded wedding venue, it got really warm. He insisted on wearing his sweater instead of the vest and jacket though, because I guess it’s a bit less constricting and he thought that would help. So, after our coffees, we went back to the car to grab the sweater and drop off the suit jacket, and at the car:

Me: I think you will get too warm with the sweater, and you look better without it.
H: No, I won’t. I will be fine. Do you know my body or do you?
Me: I do. OK, whatever you want.

Back at the hotel, H was already gleaming, after walking from the car to the hotel.

Me: Just take it off.
H: No! I have to hide my food baby…
Me: Trust me, you look better without it. *H takes off the sweater because he can’t stand the heat… Looks in mirror…
H: I feel so much better! You’re always right, honey.

Yes. I am.

Thanks for planning these fabulous weddings, newly weds of 2017. The awesome food at weddings like these are why we've gained weight and not money. #bitterbutthankful #iamjk #pleaseinviteme2018newlyweds

No comments:

Post a Comment