Ads

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

FOOD ADVENTURE // DUMPLINGS


D and I went out for lunch today, on the hunt for something yummy. It’s tough sometimes, working near the Ironwood area. I heard about this place called Mama’s Dumplings:

dumplings

C’mon guys, these were just OK. For Ironwood standards, GREAT, because we don’t have this readily available. I’ll come back, just because it’s nearby, but the skins on these fried pork buns were sorta thick. The décor is pretty comfortable, it looks newly renovated and clean. The meat filling was pretty good, very juicy and super hot.

dumplings

Green onion pancake, beef pancake roll (or something like that #108). Don’t get these, again too thick and while they were crispy on the outside, it was too chewy. NOt enough beef filling and hoisin. 

dumplings

Dumplings and the beef fried rice noodle. Surprisingly, the noodles were decent, maybe because I added vinegar to them by accident and it changed the taste of the dish. I don’t usually like this type of rice noodle. The dumplings had a good flavour.

In summary, get the dumplings only. I’ll be back because again, to try out their coffee, and because… what other options do I have at Ironwood?!

Beach Grove Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Really wanting to go droning… This was the Fly More kit:

dji spark

dji spark

No comments:

Post a Comment