Ads

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Catfish

So this book, Catfish and Mandala….

Almost done.  I get the catfish part, because, according to the author, Vietnamese people eat a lot of catfish cooked in claypots with fishsauce, and the main character, An, enjoys it greatly.  Apparently, catfish also live in ponds that are used as latrines; there are bridges with holes resembling a Port-A-Potty, except the individual does his business into the pond.  These catfish in the pond gather under the person using the “washroom”, and are thus able to obtain a very nutritious meal…

An has been running away from all his (family) problems so far, but I think he’ll deal with them soon, since the book is ending in less than 100 pages.  Wish I could just run away to my homeland and bike around all day and eat chocolate and meet interesting strangers.

On the other hand, work is helping me truly appreciate the many other aspects of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment