Ads

Sunday, July 10, 2022

2022-27 || brentwood mall

Visited Brentwood Mall the other day and tried out both Cazba and Parsley Doner. Consider me not very cultured, but we wanted to compare them, because they both offer meat and rice dishes that to us, seem Middle Eastern. Turns out, Parsley Doner isn't - Cazba is Persian while Parsley Doner is Turkish. From my brief Google research, Turkish is not actually Middle Eastern.

This was the Baghali Polo lamb dish from Cazba, for under $15. They gave us a complimentary salad (top of photo) because they forgot our order, and I added an additional tomato because S loves eating them.


Fall off the bone, savory and so so deliciois:

The salad was questionable. I wouldn't pay for it, but I was a pretty happy customer with a free salad.

This was the Parsley Doner chicken doner platter for $20: 

Their specialty is their secret sauces and dips (small containers in the top right corner of the photo), which I guess is how they think they can charge so much for their small portions. Their salads tasted much fresher than the one from Cazba, but for twenty dollars, I can buy a week's worth of vegetables to make my own salads.

There's  a lot of competition in the Brentwood Mall food court and in this market with rising food costs, I would buy the tasty pile of meat and rice from Cazba versus the "healthy" smaller portions of Parsley Doner. Maybe I'm not that interested in Turkish food. 

S is not interested in leafy green vegetables. P is definitely not interested in milk from a bottle. After 4 months of breastfeeding, he doesn't know what to do with a plastic bottle. I hope he learns to drink from the bottle soon, because we have a few dinners and weddings that we'd like to attend and if he gets hungry at night, I might not be around... Mama has to have a social life too!

No comments:

Post a Comment