Ads

Saturday, December 26, 2020

2020-52 || merry something

First year not attending any Christmas parties, no family, no friends, just me and the baby.  Oh and the husband who has night shift and has to nap all day to prepare. I thought it might be a nice change to have a quiet holiday wearing sweat pants, just me and the baby, but I'm actually more tired now. I think I expected to have a chill day, just play with baby S and maybe watch a few Christmas movies, but instead, she decided to explode in her diaper, and I ended up having to do extra laundry on top of all the other things to keep her fed and happy (first world problem, yes, I know). Wish H would learn how to change diapers, sleep less, clean more, and maybe pick up breastfeeding as a side hobby.

Meanwhile, I always have raw fish to drown my sorrows in:  


We ordered take out from Steve's Poké Bar in Mount Pleasant after dropping off Christmas presents at the front door steps of our family and friends (following the social distancing rules!). This came highly recommended by P, who loves their first location up at SFU. I guess they're successful enough up there to start opening up more locations around the Lower Mainland, including this one in Vancouver.

Steve's Poke Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Both H and I had the California Dreamin', which consists of salmon and lots of edamame... That was my mistake. I shouldn't have chosen that one, because I actually find edamame disgusting, so I picked them all out and gave them to H.  The rice was also not our favourite, as it was a bit crumbly and did not have much flavor. They also did not have a brown rice option, which I prefer, but they do offer salad mix. 


The marinated salmon was actually really good though, so I wouldn't mind giving it a second try, and just pick my own toppings more carefully (no edamame!). I never thought of myself as a picky eater, but now that I think about it, I have some weird food habits, like this thing with the edamame. I also don't like raw nuts, particularly peanuts. I wonder if this would have been different if my parents put me through baby led weaning, which we've just started with baby S

This holiday season has not been easy, and what has made it easier is all the very thoughtful gifts and messages that friends and family have sent. Always working on that gratitude attitude... 

No comments:

Post a Comment