Ads

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

2019-28 || ZENQ

I work with a group of coworkers, who are very tight knit, because of our common goal on the job (take over the world with our cameras), and our shared love of food. We frequently lamented the lack of good bubble tea spots in the area, so when we found out that ZenQ was opening up shop nearby, it was no surprise that we immediately put a meeting in our calendar with ZenQ Ironwood as the location, on July 18th. 

We went again the day right after, on the 19th, which was their actual grand opening day. I'm going to go backwards and talk about the 2nd experience first, because I had the original milk tea with pearls, one of their signature drinks, and it wasn't that great:

 

They use similar recipes as Chatime, because they're sister businesses. I shouldn't compare this regular milk tea to the roasted milk tea at Chatime, but I'd say that the roasted milk tea has a more well rounded, fuller flavor. 

The day before the grand opening, when we held our meeting at ZenQ, I had their brown sugar pearls tofu pudding with soy milk:


In comparison to the original milk tea, ZenQ has really created a winner with this BBT flavor. The pudding really hit the spot, and the sweetness level did not make me feel sick afterwards. I'm sure we'll be back, and I'll just order this one over, and over, and over, even though there are many more shaved ice and tofu pudding desserts there to try out.


ZenQ Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Before I can really splurge on a $6-7 bubble tea though, I've got to get my finances in order.

As I looked at my BC Hydro bill of $63.42 this past week, I suddenly realized that the sum of my bills is the price for my freedom. On top of these daily bills for living, I keep incurring expenses, like the cost of a new. I dropped my phone on Sunday and the screen now turns on only when it wants to. Then, there are the wedding expenses. H is very good at keeping me in check and reminding me that we did have a budget when we first started planning this day, which is only 45 days away!

Photo credits: SoWedding

Last chance to run, H? 

No comments:

Post a Comment