Ads

Monday, July 26, 2021

2021-29 || life moves quickly when it wants to move

I recently read Crying in H Mart, which put me in the mood for Korean food. I can always rely on P to follow up with my cravings, so she set up our group to dine in at Kook, with a group of 6 + my baby. Check out the spread of just the banchan! 


We ordered the Combo for 4, which comes with an assortment of marinated beef, pork, and chicken, deep fried gyoza with options for beef or pork, a bowl of tofu soup (either seafood or beef option), and a plate of japchae. I have not yet been to a Korean restaurant where they have given out 15 different side dishes, and maybe you think I'm inexperienced in the world of Korean cuisine, and you'd probably be right. I've never been to Korea! I've been to K-Town once only! 

The seafood soondubu was savory, but did not burn my mouth with the salt content. It came out bubbling hot, and yet, the tofu was still soft and fluffy.  


I didn't actually try the japchae because I was already too full at this point, and sometimes potato noodles give me indigestion. It looked really nice though: 

Kook Korean BBQ Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I'm very excited to return here, so that I can revisit the melt in your mouth soondubu and all the grilled meat. I'm also looking forward to asking for refills of the banchan, which I did not ask for this time. Actually, you'll probably find me here next weekend. 

Why does it feel like things tend to happen in groups?
 
July started slowly, with the worst heat wave in the history of Canada, and now, the worst wildfire season, as well as another heat wave on the way.  It's really time for all of us to start doing more to prevent or at least mitigate the effects of climate change. I hope I can do my part with the latest life change.

Actually, the latest two life changes. Stick around for the next updates.  


No comments:

Post a Comment