Ads

Friday, September 11, 2020

2020-37 || flowing with the smoke

It's been smokey around the West coast lately, because of all the forest fires in the Northwestern region of the US (really not a good year for our neighbors down South...). Makes it a bit difficult to get outside, but we're good at finding those gaps of fresh air and seizing the moment when the wind blows in the right direction. 


Also, I would starve if I could not get out of the hotel and pick up food.

Agrius Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

One of my favourite ways to discover new restaurants to try is from the foodies on Instagram, because sometimes, it's easy to miss a suggestion from Google or Yelp. While browsing through my feed the other day, Foodgressing's pastry post really caught my attention. She was in Victoria recently, and had picked up some delicious looking baked goods from a cafe called Fol Epi. I packed up Baby S in her stroller immediately for a walk to the closest location.   


We had to wait in line for a few minutes before ordering, but it was worth it to stand around in the sun! I picked up a nectarine danish, a blueberry danish, and a pain au chocolat, and the total came to just under $16. A tad expensive, but no regrets, because the blueberry danish was delicious. Crispy and buttery, with just enough tartness in the berry jam to cut through the sugar. Will go back for sure to get more berry danishes.

Nectarines were too sour. Pain au chocolat was not flaky. 

Smokey air, smokey future. Will we really be happier when we own more property? Will the solution to our problems be a more costly renovation? Or would we enjoy each other's company more while on the road, exploring new paths? I'm trying to not let the smoke dictate how much I enjoy this trip, because we're only here for a few more days, but please, help me be patient during this Mars retrograde.  

No comments:

Post a Comment