Ads

Sunday, August 18, 2019

2019-33 || NEW MOON

New moons remind me to try new things, and this week, I stepped outside of my comfort zone and took my teammates with me. Instead of going to a new coffee shop or watching a new TV series, movie, or reading a new book, I went to a gym called Maki and did my first 30 minute session. My body is still sore from the 3 pushups that I didn't do correctly on Thursday, and the 17 remaining in the set where I just couldn't even push off the ground.

Maybe because I was still so tired from those brutal 30 minutes, I didn't feel so adventurous this weekend, and revisited Their There. I've been here a few times in the past, but it's always been too busy to actually sit down and really enjoy the ambiance. It's a bit of a pink jungle in there, where if you're brave enough to wander through the young urban professionals, sipping their coffees amidst the indoor plants, you'll find the counter to order at, as well as a display case full of fresh donuts and cronuts. H and I visited after browsing around the Patagonia store (his favourite store), and as luck would have it...


We found a spot right by the window. There were still plenty of blackberry peach cronuts left. 



While they looked small, the portion size of their cronuts ended up being a perfect serving. They're topped with a light cream, which were a fun mess to devour. The fresh peach jam and the cream would have been too sweet, but the tart berries came in to save the day. This didn't last more than 3 minutes. 

Their There Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Their coffee game is truly unbelievable too. A must go if you love plants and coffee and pink. 





No comments:

Post a Comment