Ads

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

2019-19 || PARLOUR

My lovely friends from high school took me to Kelowna and Big White for my bachelorette party and bridal shower (the wedding day is creeping up not too slowly). We walked past Parlour Ice Cream in downtown Kelowna, saw the huge ice cream cones that people were coming out with, and we knew we had to go in to try some. 

Everything is made in house, with ingredients sourced as locally as possible. While the waffle cones were not my favourite because they're meant to be soft, and I prefer the crispy texture, the ice cream itself ranks high on my list. They clearly put a lot of thought into each of the flavors, and I quite enjoyed their Birthday Cake: 


It tasted like real vanilla cake. I tried the Lavender, Cookies & Cream, and Salted Caramel as well, and those were pretty tasty too.

Parlour Ice Cream Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

This was a memorable weekend of non-stop activities that my lovely bridesmaids planned, including a surprise party with some of my oldest friends, who traveled and drove for hours to be there. It's so important to have people in your life who travel at the same pace, literally and figuratively. We've all grown up together, bought property around the same time, and we all sort of walk at around the same speed. This group has really influenced the way that I am now, and some of them continue to amaze me with what they're able to accomplish. Including how late they can stay up, playing Super Smash Bros, every single time they get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment