Ads

Sunday, February 24, 2019

2019-08 || out of office-1

I've been craving Duffin's Donuts since last week, but with the snow storm and traveling, it was difficult to get out that way. So, when we heard that there were amazing donuts at the Reading Terminal Market right next to our hotel, D and I jumped on it. We picked up a couple on the way to the airport from Beiler's Doughnuts:

 One of 2 display cases

Their selection of donuts was overwhelming - they had 2 of the above display cases, filled with beautiful donuts, including some of my favourite flavours, like strawberry jelly, maple walnut, Boston creme. There were some outrageous looking ones too, with purple sprinkles, and a blueberry fritter, which I haven't seen around before. How many donuts could we possibly eat before a flight?
Beiler's Bakery Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


I ended up choosing the Boston creme, the strawberry, and an apple fritter (safe choices overall):


Here are photos of the donuts with filling. Left side is the strawberry (obviously, since it's red), and the right side is the Boston cream: 


I would have to say that they were good, but not as amazing as I thought they were hyped up to be. The strawberry jelly could have used some work, and I thought they could have chosen a jam with a different consistency. It was too thick, and did not have that melty, gooey texture, like the ones from Duffin's.

The cream in the Boston cream was perfect, and I did not leave any leftovers, but the chocolate coating on top was quite a mess that melted off a tad too easily. Remember to grab napkins for this one.

Apple fritter was a plain old fritter.

Perhaps, this selection was too safe, and we should have branched out to try the more gimmicky flavors, but as with most things in life, the basics are important. I have no doubts that if I'm ever in the area again, I'll revisit this donut stand at the market. The Reading Terminal Market brought back strong vibes of the Borough Market in London, and I can't wait to revisit this place and explore the rest of the stalls.



No comments:

Post a Comment