Ads

Thursday, September 20, 2018

2018-37.1 | TWO WONGS MAKE IT RIGHT



D and T got hitched!

IMG_20180916_000812_013

The day started off at our AirBNB, in Canmore, where the wedding party nibbled on sandwiches from Safeway while getting ready for the day. I was one of the two bridesmaids, B was the other (as the sister, she pretty automatically became the maid of honor). Nicol did our make up beautifully (it actually did not melt off throughout the day, even after traipsing around Lake Minnewanka for photos), and Christine pulled our look together by putting up our hair into messy buns. H and S went along with us everywhere, as did Joel, our photographer, who had the important task of documenting the day. After a beautiful ceremony, which the elk party crashed and where B and I both had to blink back tears, we went over to the Park Distillery, in downtown Banff for the reception:

IMG_20180920_120238_594

I was busy stressing out about the wedding game that I was supposed to host, trying all the cocktails, and actually enjoying the reception, and when I looked back on my phone, I only had this one photo of the food from the evening. The prime rib was amazing! H had the salmon, which was just as delicious, and I had the chicken, which was a tad dry, maybe because I was comparing it to THE BEST CHICKEN I'VE EVER HAD.

Park Distillery Restaurant + Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Let’s take one step back to the appetizers. H had the pork skewers, which I would recommend over the calamari. I mean, nothing wrong with calamari, pretty standard, but it wasn’t memorable. The servers were all very pleasant and patient with us drunken guests, and it was not hard to get a good warm buzz from all their creative alcoholic concoctions (H had about half a dozen different cocktails, and there were still many on the menu that he wanted to try). The food and drink could really make or break the wedding! I think D & T did a great job of choosing this spot, and definitely made sure it was worth our time to travel out to Alberta for their wedding.

Congrats again, you two, and thanks for giving us this adventure!

Now that I’m back at home, I already feel travel, wedding, and vacation withdrawal… There will be a 2nd part about this extra long weekend, so I can continue reliving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment