Ads

Thursday, March 8, 2018

RARE

We went to cozy, old school Gotham Steakhouse on a rainy Thursday... 

Almost everyone had rib eye, but I wasn’t feeling a 20oz slab of meat, so I had a manageable 10oz filet:

Gotham Steakhouse

I had my steak rare, and it was perfectly rare. I wouldn't consider myself a connoisseur of beef, but take my word for it that this perfection is not easy to find. We had a selection of sides, including Gotham’s hash browns, onion rings, brussel sprouts with chorizo, creamed spinach, spicy beans (SUPER spicy), and the bread. Honestly thought I would prefer the mashed potatoes, but the hash browns were pretty gourmet. 

Gotham Steakhouse & Cocktail Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Top it off with a good Old Fashioned. No complaints here.

Gotham Steakhouse Old Fashioned

Rare, and perfectly done. There has been lots of talk about equality lately and I keep seeing this theme. It’s rare to be seated at a the table with half men and half women in this industry. The genders at the table was perfectly 50-50. The nationalities were Canadian, but it was the most Canadian it could get, with some Asian genes, some French, some Australian, and some just a random mix. Not that it mattered, because I just realized all of the above, as I’m writing this post, and the conversation and mutual understanding was made it perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment