Ads

Sunday, September 17, 2017

89/104 DISASTROUS

We’re living in an era of technology and communication. It’s so much easier to access the news and reports of disasters in the world (YouTube has Live videos now and the news reports can get pretty dramatic). It’s not even just natural disasters, like hurricanes and wildfires (although some might argue that those are actually man made because of climate change). Look at the missiles being launched like fireworks. Just another day to day thing to worry about... 

Still gotta eat though. Visited Honolulu Cafe for a quick and cheap bite. Here’s the House Special Spaghetti:

house special spaghetti

Here’s a more Chinese dish, fish in corn cream sauce:

fish corn rice

This place is so cheap, I don’t feel right to complain about the quality, but the quality is really quite horrendous. We found a hair in one of the drinks, and they offered to give us a new one, but the damage was done. In the end, they also gave us a 10% discount on the meal, which sorta helped. I used to visit this place multiple times a month, back 10 years ago, but I really wouldn’t go back any time soon. It’s just not worth it anymore, now that I’m older (and making money to eat a proper meal that doesn’t include another human being’s hair).

Honolulu Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

I also want to comment on how hard it is to meet up with friends sometimes, and it's great when everybody actually makes an effort, even if it's just for an hour in the evening. Another thing that stresses me out is how rarely I see certain people sometimes. H and I hopped over to G's place with J, and we had a good catch up earlier this weekend. I'm going to try to bring more people together again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment