Ads

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

85/104 HOW MANY HUGS ARE ENOUGH?

H and I went shopping early on Saturday morning (Patagonia sale = $10 base layer originally priced at $35), and by the time we were done, it was time to meet up with C and S for brunch at Olive + Ruby:

Olive + Ruby

After an excruciatingly long wait in line to order and another painful moment of waiting at our table for food, I had the latte and the grilled cheese apple sandwich, with a glass of water (see photo above). The sandwich was quite crispy, and despite looking not the most appetizing, it was not the worse. I mean, how badly can you mess up bread and cheese? There was some tomato sauce/paste that I didn’t think really added to the sandwich in any way… The latte was strong, using beans roasted by Pallet, a reliable roaster, but there was no latte art. Disappointing. H also had a peanut butter smoothie, which again, I did not like. Perhaps it tasted too healthy. Perhaps it was just my tastebuds because H enjoyed it. All in all, the place has a nice atmosphere because of their wall decor of plants and their pendulum seats, but I wouldn’t come again.

Olive & Ruby Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

This weekend was quite packed with activities, and I’m a bit late with this post because H didn’t get enough hugs (ie, he wanted me to hang out longer). There will be a part 2 because I ate a lot on Sunday too, and I have more thoughts and feelings to express.

No comments:

Post a Comment