Ads

Thursday, April 6, 2017

MAKE MORE, SPEND MORE


IMG_20170405_231739_942

PJS and I went to Mikan Cafe for dinner and to catch up. The menu is not the biggest, but I still had a tough time choosing between some of their pasta dishes and a rice dish. I was really hungry, so I ended up going for what I thought was the highest calorie meal – the hamburger with hashed beef on creamy spaghetti. I didn’t like it very much because the hamburger tasted like it was microwaved. It was a bit too salty, and the portions were just… average. I guess it might be a decent lunch portion and maybe I could be considered a “big” eater, but I was still hungry. P had the salad, her stomach wasn’t doing so well. S and J both had the Masago Spaghetti, and I had a bite… It was OK. We didn’t stay for dessert because the items in the showcase didn’t look appetizing.

I don’t think I’d go back. The original Cafe de l’Orangerie location is higher quality.

Mikan Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

SONY DSC

In the past year, we’ve been meeting up more often, mostly because our schedules finally seem to mesh. What have I been doing in the past few years while they’ve been hard at work? They’re driving nice cars, going on vacations, while… I guess I’ve been busy too. What does it all matter though, if the world ends up falling apart? I may have been reading too much This Changes Everything lately, but it’s eye opening to get this summary of the attempts that have failed to save our planet so far. One day, I hope that I or somebody reading this will look back and think that I worried for nothing because some new technology or legislation or whatever will save us all. Driving gas guzzling V8 trucks, throwing out styrofoam takeout containers, and razing forests could be a funny story to tell our grandchildren, just like dial up internet. On the other hand, maybe we’ll reminisce about going out without wearing a full body suit to block out UV, because our atmosphere is gone, and feeling fresh air directly on our faces will just be a fairytale.

No comments:

Post a Comment