Ads

Saturday, February 11, 2017

SFO – DAY 5 // LIKE A REAL TOURIST

Woke up late to this view at the JW Marriott, 11th floor, room 1111:
JW Marriott

So, instead of walking over to the Viator tour office where I was supposed to pick up my vouchers, I took a cab… Felt like such a waste of money, but made it on time for the ferry to Alcatraz:

Alcatraz on the left
It was interesting how we could just casually stroll along the same paths that serial killers, kidnappers, psychopaths, etc. had taken just a few decades ago. The self guided audio tour was interesting and told stories of escapades. I would come back at night to experience the full spookiness of it, although there were no ghost stories.

Had an early lunch at the Fog Harbour, where we had also gone last year for one of the dinners pre-show. I remembered they had really good clam chowder, which I had a craving for after the cold damp ferry ride.

clam chowderrrrrclam chowder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deeeeelicious. So creamy.
boooooze
Wanted something boozy to warm me up more. This was something with rum.

yum.
And the grand finale, crab roll! It was a bit cold, to be honest, and I didn't quite like the clamminess.

Fog Harbor Fish House Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
Got a ride to Muir Woods from the tour office again, as part of the tour package:
IMG_20170209_192816_747
Mysterious… The “hike” was a 30 to 45 minute walk around a very well groomed dirt/wood path, with huge puddles from the recent rain in the area. Tour guide was pretty cool, he dropped us off at our hotels after and told us stories about his family.
I’m not sure if I would do this tour on my own again. It cost $150USD, and I only did the Alcatraz and Muir woods portion, completely skipping the Dungeon and the complimentary wine tour. It was exhausting to rush around like that, and my legs were shot from all the walking in the past 2 days. Even thinking about it now is making me feel sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment