Ads

Thursday, November 17, 2016

I’M SO IMPRESSED, AMERICA.

Day 1 of the PNW USA trip also included a visit to Caffe Laddro along Union Street:

IMG_20161116_073244
A plain latte in my mason jar.

IMG_20161116_073818
Nice.

It was alright - it’s no Culprit Cafe, but it ain’t horrible either. Clean enough, with a couple of crumbs, and friendly service. I’d come back in a pinch… [SIDE NOTE: As I’m writing this, I am suffering from caffeine withdrawal – chills, intestinal discomfort, headaches… I tried to go a day without coffee at work and I swear I almost DIED.]

Caffe Ladro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

This was enough to carry me through the 2 hour drive in bumper to bumper traffic from Seattle to Seaside, where we were staying. The highways got super dark, and it started to pour. H took over the driving after, I was clearly going to be a hazard. How do people drive so fast in such low visibility?!

We also drove over the Astoria Bridge in the dark and there was no time to make a pit stop, so no pictures. It really felt like a never ending bridge… One of the longest, most awesome bridges I’ve seen in my short time in this world.

I'm so impressed by your brave drivers and America sized things.

No comments:

Post a Comment