Ads

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My dad wants to kill my cat.



We found an ant infestation in our basement kitchen on Sunday, and it has grown since so that I'm actually worried I'll squish a few of the little buggers when I walk across the kitchen floor without looking.  I set up ant traps around the kitchen, being extra careful to put them in places where my cat wouldn't be interested in sticking his nose, 'cause those things are toxic.  What does my dad do last night?

He goes and sprays the entire kitchen with Raid or some other brand of pesticide, then locks my cat in the basement with the fumes and chemicals.  WHY?! He could have at least let him come upstairs, but NO, that's not allowed because the rest of the people in the house do not like it when the cat jumps on them in the middle of the night.  He just wants to cuddle... Where is the love?

Pesticides are a last resort weapon, in my opinion.  They're just ants, they're not going to kill you, and there's no rush getting them out of the house.  Geez, Dad.  Thanks for thinking of my cat's health, the rest of the family's health, and the state of the world.  I'm just thinking of all the chemicals that are now drifting out from our basement...

Great way to start the morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment