Ads

Saturday, October 1, 2011

ENG10 Review

The Merchant of Venice at Bard on the Beach was amazing, so I decided to reread the play.

I swear it says The Merchant of Venice under the library bar code.

I think this may be my favourite Shakespeare play.  The blatant racism in it makes me laugh.  Poor Shylock.

Some prankster called us at work, and I happened to be the one who picked up the call.  He called in asking about the office printer, so that he could send us an “updated” manual for it.  It all sounded very legitimate and professional, until the end of the conversation.  Just when I was about to end the conversation, he says, “Now that we’ve got that out of the way, do you want to have sex? 

That caught me completely off guard, because he said it so smoothly.  All I could do was laugh, and then I hung up on him.  I should feel more disturbed, but I find it more hilarious how sick and bored people are these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment