Does anybody else feel like they’re just waiting for the weekend or the next vacation? Everyday in between that is The Grind, it becomes the same blur of.. wake up, brush teeth, make up, breakfast with the kids/nurse the baby, get the older kids out the house to school, keep the baby entertained until nap time, sneak in some time to stay on top of work, meetings meetings meetings, then it’s already 3PM and it’s time to make dinner totally forgot to have lunch, and the kids are back and the house is LOUD, and it’s bath time, dinner time, brush teeth, relax and read time… Anyways.
Here’s what I’ve been eating this week:
- Shio Bread from Cafe Episode, a not so new cafe in Vancouver. Fluffy on the inside, the crust of the bread is crispy, but it’s only slightly there, the thinnest bread crust. H bought the sweet ones this time, variations of flavors all stuffed with cream. Savory options are available too.
$22 for 4, or $6 each.
- Jelly pouches saving my energy levels at 3PM, to power through the work day.
Here’s what I’ve been obsessed with:
- nails and makeup, mainly this Instagrammer (Debs_Hy), who has inspired me to try this EADEM lip gloss next
Here's what I've been reading:
- RF Kuang, Katabasis, a hero’s journey through hell. Interesting concepts, love the dark magic academia in this novel, which was NOT in Kuang’s other novel, Yellowface, that I recently read (would not recommend that one).
- Elin Hilderbrand, all the books are easy reads to help my brain decompress into the Nantucket world where the main characters anlways find a happy ending. She's written so many, which is the best part because I never have to wait for her to write the next one, unlike other authors who drag out and keep delaying the launch of their next book…
Off to find more books at the local library website.


No comments:
Post a Comment